The link below is the application form for the Louisiana 2022 State Journalism Education Association Journalist of the Year award. The deadline to submit this application is Monday, March 7, 2022 at 4 p.m.
2022 LA Journalist of the Year Application Google Form
The Louisiana State Contest follows all of the guidelines of the JEA National Contest which can be found on the jea.org website.
These requirements include, but are not limited to:
– Applicant must have participated in student media for a minimum of two years
– Applicant must be a senior in high school
– Applicant should have an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
– Applicant should have three letters of recommendation from those who know the applicant well and understand the impact of the journalistic experience on the students life (maximum of two pages)
– Applicant should send a personal resume and the applicant should send a self-analytical essay.
PLEASE SEND ALL ATTACHMENTS TO: [email protected]
The winner of this award will be offered a full tuition, four year scholarship to the Loyola New Orleans School Communication and Design and will have the opportunity to represent Louisiana at the JEA National Journalist of the Year Contest in April of 2021.
Tips for Completing the Journalist of the Year Application
PORTFOLIO POLISH VIDEO SERIES BY JEA
2022 JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR SCORING RUBRIC